Humana and Reader's Digest: Wow, We're Fat (And Dehydrated)
Humana and Reader’s Digest have released results of a nationwide health and wellness survey across multiple age groups.
Like our own experiences at Keas show the craziest part of approaching wellness across and organization or population is this scary fact:
The survey brings out a whole horror show of stats:
- 26% of Americans eat 3-5 servings of vegetables a day (such a key indicator that it’s part of our health risk assessments inside the game)
- 14% of Americans eat 3-5 servings of fruit a day
- 1 in 10 drink the recommended 8 glasses of water per day – and 1 in 10 drink no water each day (!!)
- 1 in 10 Americans have four or meals from fast food restaurant venues
- We’re sedentary 7hrs a day – more time than we spend sleeping – STAND UP WALK AROUND!
Out of all the age groups, seniors have a much better handle on things:
- e40% of seniors believe “good health” equates to being happy
- 44% percent of seniors eat a full three meals per day compared (36% across all age groups) of Americans overall
- 87% of seniors are more to have had a general physical exam in the last year (77% overall)
Final gem: Four in five Americans say they would choose receiving $5,000 over losing 10 pounds.
Full results released in this May’s issue of Reader’s Digest.